Regular massage therapy sessions can be a key to a quicker elimination of any symptoms you may be having. Chiropractic adjustments remove the spine’s subluxations which can be caused by tight muscles around the vertebra. Massage therapy can relax and soften those muscles enabling your body to “hold” Chiropractic adjustments for longer periods of time. Massage therapy can also aid in the decreasing of stress and anxiety which is another cause of spinal subluxations.
What to Expect
Our licensed massage therapists will collect specific information from you on your first visit. They will use that information to determine what areas of the body and what techniques would be beneficial for you. During a typical massage session you will be unclothed and covered with a sheet. Only the area that is being worked on will be exposed during your session. Each massage table has table warmers. The use of these along with relaxing music will aid in creating a relaxing environment during your session. During your massage it is best to relax as much as possible and communicate any questions you may have to the therapist. Each client is encouraged to drink more water than they would normally drink during a regular day, this will help rehydrate the muscles and cleanse your body of the lactic acid that builds up in the muscles.
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage therapy?
- Alleviate low-back pain
- Improve Range of Motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers.
- Help ease the discomforts that may be present with expectant mothers constantly changing body through all stages of pregnancy.
- Enhanced immunity by stimulating lymph flow
- Exercise or stretch weak, tight or atrophied muscles
- Helps athletes at any level prepare for, or recover from strenuous workouts
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired and overused muscles
- Release endorphins-amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve headache and migraine pain
- Reduce fatigue